- 2 cups leftover pre-cooked rice
- juice from 2 limes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15 ounce can black beans( any beans you prefer will do)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp hot sauce, or to taste
- 4-6 flour tortillas
- some kind of alternative cheese
If you are using dried beans, make sure to boil the beans and then let them simmer on a low heat for 2-3 hours.
1. In a large bowl mix the rice, cilantro and lime juice and then set to the side
2. Sautee onion and garlic in separate skillet
3.If the beans are intended for a Mexican-style dish, I’ll add a bundle of well-washed cilantro stems, tied with kitchen twine. It looks like a horrid drowned rat by the end of the cooking time, but the mild flavor it brings is unsurpassed.
4. A pinch or two of fresh ground cumin is especially good with black beans; bay leaf, rosemary or thyme can all go in too.
5. Wrap in tortilla